12.1.14

Föhr back in October (25. - 27.)

We took a trip to my host mom's hometown on the island of Föhr
(for her parents' Golden Anniversary, of which there are no pictures in this post though it was quite the event and went until three in the morning when we all shared a taxi back).

This is the kind of ferry boat we took to get there.

The view from inside the boat waiting to drive on land again.

Most of the houses on Föhr are brick with straw rooves.

This and the next few are the views from our vacation house we stayed in.







Some details on the house across the street.

Ok so they all have some form of these little egg holders and they're really pretty and antique looking but I wonder about the range in size of egg crater.

And here's some of the inside of our vacation house.

A little scarecrow to guard the stairwell.

My room

\
There was an assortment of games and books in my room, including Ligretto, which I was introduced to here and have taken quite a liking to.

I found these one morning in the lawn.

A look back on the island as we go

Other islands in the distance



No comments:

Post a Comment