31.10.18

Mushroom + Cheese Omelette Recipe


Last Saturday, I got hungry (surprise!). Here's how I fixed it. As usual, life story after the recipe.


Materials:

  • Pan
  • Butter
  • Mushrooms
  • Knife
  • Nonmetal Spatula
  • Small Bowl
  • Eggs
  • Milk
  • Fork
  • Cheese
  • your go-to Seasonings
  • Plate


Procedure:

  1. Heat the pan on medium heat on the stove. I had mine set to 4, if that helps.

  2. Take the butter, peel back the wrapping, and paint the bottom of the pan with it. (Note: you might just want to slice some off like a normal person depending on who you share the butter with or how clean your pan is.)

  3. Clean your mushrooms. See here, Step 1 if you're not sure how.

  4. Slice the mushrooms directly into the pan. You could use a cutting board, but I didn't and the world did not, in fact, end.

  5. While you're waiting for your mushrooms to cook, crack your eggs into a bowl and add a splash of milk.

  6. Scramble the eggs with a fork, but don't over-beat them.

  7. Keep an eye on the mushrooms, turning them occasionally with your spatula. Now is a good time to go grab your camera so you can take pictures for your blog.


  8. Once the mushrooms are cooked, remove them from the pan. I put them on the plate that would hold the final product, because who wants to do more dishes than they have to?

  9. Pour the egg-milk mixture into the pan. Don't adjust the temperature, as medium is just fine for our purposes. Swish it around as you would to make any omelette, making sure to keep the pan coated.


  10. Wait until the eggs are cooked almost to your liking, then add the mushrooms on one half and slice the cheese on top. Now is a good time to add any seasonings. I totally forgot and just added them on top at the end, which was also fine.


  11. Fold the unoccupied half over the full half, careful to keep the eggs intact. Flip immediately so the cheese is on the bottom, melting.


  12. Once the cheese is done melting, slide it onto your plate. Add any seasonings you like.


  13. Eat.

Life Story:

I'd be out partying with the international students but I can feel a cold menacing in the corners of my nasal passages and would rather avoid inviting it in. It is indeed Halloween and I'm sitting at home tonight, reminiscing about last week's lunch menu. tomorrow is a holiday and Friday I dance with my folklórico group for Día de los muertos. I feel normal in the practices but I will probably cry at some point on Friday. Folklórico connects me to my grandma, who'll be able to visit Friday, if you believe in that sort of thing.

I am not wearing sandals anymore; in fact, it has snowed near my house already.

Anyway, my life is probably boring to talk about at this point - all schoolwork and stuff that belongs in a journal. Maybe I'll post another rant sometime, but not today.

Later, dudes. 🤙

No comments:

Post a Comment